It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

site damage 

Post site damage
I just found this image of the water level at the renfest site. judging from where it is now we've definitely lost the tool shed and anything on the floor of the armory, including the lower cubby holes. same for the building proper and anything on the floor. the water is going to still be on site until at least tuesday from what I've heard.

Attachments:
ordo flood.jpg
ordo flood.jpg [ 217.89 KiB | Viewed 1407 times ]
Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:12 am

Post Re: site damage
We nned to get a clean up crew out there as soon as we can to reduce mold problems. Ive got work stuff, but ill make time to get out there as soon as water levels drop. Everypne try to stay in touch dor a clean up day.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Looks like 6 to 8 inches got in the building. If it recedes fast enough, the building itself should be OK. Open the shutters ASAP so it can dry up inside. (maybe run the heater or make a fire in the fireplace). The interior furniture will still be useable. (likely) Contents in the kitchen cabinet may be ruined.

Keep in mind that our power runs beneath the floor of the building. If you cannot see the outlets at the back of the building, then do not try to use power. (If you cannot see those outlets, you would have swam to the building)

....The tool shed needed a good cleaning anyway. :p

Put a watermark on the building or on something closeby for future reference. Also, try to keep a tab on anything ruined. (value-wise). You never know, we may be offerred funds to offset the losses.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 am
Profile WWW

Been in Texas all weekend so I'm a bit late to the party here. I shot a mail off to Rick inquiring about the state of the grounds. I agree that we need to get some people in there ASAP to minimize damage.

My son's birthday is this weekend, but assuming the water will have drained by then, I may be able to go out Friday evening or very, very early Sat morning.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:23 am

I spoke with VJ and I think he will volunteer to help too. Just need to coordinate a day.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

Rick mailed me back. He said they anticipate that people will be able to go back on site starting Friday.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Figured out how to log back in. Yeah, I'm up for helping out. Just need to know when we'll have some people out there and I'll try to make it. I'd only be able to stay till like 3 on Friday though.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm thinking that Saturday or Sunday will be the days people are most likely to be able to make it on site. Since we usually do our events on Sundays, I say we stick with that and use this Sunday (9/9) as a clean-up day. I'll make a facebook event thing and try to call around.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 am