It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 My Thoughts On Ordo Procinctus 

Post My Thoughts On Ordo Procinctus

Quote:

Quote:

I guess some people can only concentrate on one thing at a time and exclude everything else.

Ordo currently has at least 3 active fighters in college right now, and they are doing great. Everyone needs an outlet. (Or most people)

I am aware that you have multiple fighters that are in college from the already made comments but that isn't exactly relevant. I am also not saying he shouldn't join Ordo Procinctus because, yes, hobbies are good to have. I am mostly just making sure that he is putting college first. I don't yet think he is positive of where he will be attending so, of course, he doesn't even have a schedule. At least it does seem that Ordo Procinctus has flexible times. I am speaking as a friend. Literally.

Sounds more like a father figure then a friend. =]

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Sir Victor,

I've Cold-Forged my own sword before i think that's a start?

My dad can also get his hands on alot of metal.

He also has his own weilding machine,grinder, and other materials that might be needed but what about the leather and sorts?

IF anyone can send me a tutorial that be great I'm currently looking for one on the web.
And also looking for Armour aswell.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:13 pm

Dylan, swords are a bit easier than armor, you know that. ;)

Leather is expensive, from what I understand.

Also, Dylan and Ace are both personal friends, we went to the RenFest together; as I said earlier, Ordo made the show. I'm not going to be able to see you guys on the 8th, I'm taking the ACT, and it's far too short of a notice for me to run the 1st by my mom. I don't think I'd be up to the trip anyways.

I know Ace is concerned, not quite sure why. I'm interested in Ordo, and I'm not very sure about what I'm doing with college, but I am going. This is just something I hope I can incorporate into my life in the near future.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Before you rush out and start obtaining tools and raw goods, do some research into what you would want to fight in. Once you get an idea, make some sketches of it.

www.tandyleatherfactory.com is an onlin estore that I frequent. EBay also has pretty good deals on leather as well. (You just have to know what you are buying.)

If you browse the net, you may be able to find some good tutorials. If you want some help from an Ordo guy(s), it would be easier if you had a project, then asked questions every few steps.

Check the 'armour and weapons' section. We might have stuff in their. Sir Eric had a good shield construction 'how to'.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

this is where I got the pattern for my breastplate http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/breastplate_sinric/

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah I kinda got that Zovc atleast its a start at making something lol

I could have told them my plastic modeling skills =]

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:56 pm

Quote:
this is where I got the pattern for my breastplate http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/breastplate_sinric/

A most excellent site. They have a nice pattern library there and lots of guys that have 'built it' before.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 am
Profile WWW

hey new guys and other squires starting in mid Jan. I will be starting work on a new kit , breastplate , helm , and all that stuff. So if yall would like I can do progress pics and a how to on building , pattern making , and taking measurements. its going to take me a while to get every thing done but I will be starting on the breastplate first so yall could see whats involved. The suit that I will be building or interpretation is a 1544 anime segmented breastplate build for henry VIII. well thats the plan anyway but I will be making some changes. so let me know if yall want me to take pics.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:27 pm

Yea the fighting was sweet. Never screamed so much in my life, but i wish it wasn't so far off. Be nice to have a hobby that peeks my interest as much as it did. Though, i am really into how you all make your armor.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Quote:
hey new guys and other squires starting in mid Jan. I will be starting work on a new kit , breastplate , helm , and all that stuff. So if yall would like I can do progress pics and a how to on building , pattern making , and taking measurements. its going to take me a while to get every thing done but I will be starting on the breastplate first so yall could see whats involved. The suit that I will be building or interpretation is a 1544 anime segmented breastplate build for henry VIII. well thats the plan anyway but I will be making some changes. so let me know if yall want me to take pics.

As we say, pics or it didn't happen! :D

I'd love to see progress pics, it will surely help me along with making armor, something which I have basically no knowledge of.

Also, was the subject of sharing a night ever discussed? This would be easier if all of my buddies could have one go-to guy (knight), instead of having to go separate (far off) ways.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next