It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

My Thoughts On Ordo Procinctus 

Post My Thoughts On Ordo Procinctus
Hey guys, the name's Zovc; my friends and I were among your many spectators yesterday. We all were impressed with Ordo Procinctus in a pleasant manner! All of my friends loved spectating the two events presented.

I believe the first selling point of this organization was the fact that you not only judge whether blows hit or not, but if they're solid hits. Also, the fact that you guys don't stop the fight if one person loses his weapon, I like that a lot. I suppose the most important thing is the structure, unless you guys are good at collective improv, you appeared to have rules for every situation presented.

I know that I was interested in joining by the end of the first event, but I'm fairly sure all of my friends who went to RenFest became interested in joining after the second. I suppose that's a job well done for you guys, right?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback. If you'd like to Join us feel free to come to this very site on the second sunday of January or Feburary, or the first sunday of any of the other months. We are always looking for more fighters.

We have loaner armor if you don't have your own, to help you get started. Hope to see you then.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know how soon I can join you guys, one of my buddies lives in an apartment on the LSU campus, he's the closest, the rest of us are roughly two hours and fifteen minutes away. I am certainly going to try to be there. I don't think my dad will have a problem with this, but assuming he does, I'll be 18 on March 13th, so I can join up with you guys for April at the very least.

I'll try to keep you guys posted on whether or not my friends and I will be showing up. More than likely, if one of us goes, all of us will.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Hope to see you out there.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Zovc,

although we are not so bad at improv, our rules cover about every situation. We have been fighting on a monthly basis since 2000, and at the RenFest site since 2001. We've pretty much seen anything that can happen.

If you enjoyed watching us, then you should really enjoy participating. Being an Ordo fighter takes work and dedication, but it is worth it.

Honestly, being over 2 hours away is along way off. We have guys in Baton Rouge (some are LSU students), some guys in Covington and one in Slidell. Not only do you need to show up for monthly tournaments, but you would need to get together with your Knight for training/armour making.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

I hope you see me out there as well, Sir Dallas!

Something I thought of that might or might not be an exception to your rules is, are gauntlets be acceptable for "Weapon of Choice" matches, and would you be able to parry with your gauntlets against bladed weapons, or would they count as hits if stricken?

I'm sure I would enjoy being a part of the Ordo, and I'm sure I would have the discipline required. I might come off as laid back, but I push myself when I want to do something.

Yes, 2 hours is quite a way, depending on where I go to college, although that will be later next year, I may end up closer to you guys. If my friends also want to participate, the 2 hour drive wouldn't be that bad (one can drive there and another back, or we could even trade off halfway or something like that, we could also attempt to acquire a hybrid :P), if we could all 'share' a knight, meetings with him wouldn't be too harsh, either.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 pm

I am sure that it will work out...
As for the gauntlet blocking question...usually we call hits to the hand and forearm as points.
We all hope t osee you out and we appreciate your enthusiasm.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:38 am

I was there on November 24th and they put on a good show.

I just couldn't refuse not to donate money.

By the way Sir Jason I was one of the guys screaming out " Jason The DeathBringer" =]

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 am

Thanks for coming and seeing the show dylan, and thanks for the donation. What show did you go to?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:53 am
Profile WWW

You guys were awesome...thanks for the support!!!

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:18 am