It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 One Hundred _____-Ups 

Post Re: One Hundred _____-Ups
I started my morning p-ups too. 30 the first day (just testing the water), 35 the next day, and 40 this morning. I think 45 is attainable tomorrow. Maybe I can get back up sooner than I thought. (60+) If I plateu, I'll try out Sir Eric's regime.

I too need a chin-up bar. I really would rather not go to the gym again. At least not right now. My max 3 months ago was 16.

I'll see about the situps. Not too motivated about them yet. I was doing 69 of them before total fatique set in.

Periodic jump-roping will be added to my regime. Due to a knee injury, I find that I am able to run less and less as time goes on. I plan on running the mile for OE (even if I don't need the points). I'll have to see how my knee holds up for future tests. Sucks getting old.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 am
Profile WWW

w00t!

I got a chinup bar at walmart for about $10. I have to say, it's painfully annoying to do chinups in a doorway though. I'd try to rig something up outside or in your shop if you have enough vertical space to hang without bending your knees.

Mon May 04, 2009 10:53 am

ok day one
on push ups I got the first 3 sets done , but I only 4 on the 4th on one. I'll retry it on wensday

on sit ups I got 4 sets done , on the last one I only got 8.

Thats day one I will try doing some jump rope on wensday.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Got all of my sets again today (pullups w1d1c1; situps w2d1c3; pushups w3d1c3)

The pullups were tough as hell, I assume because of the tourney. Longsword is really good for working the shoulders. The other two exercises went pretty well, though.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Just wanted to add that I'm glad to see at least a couple of other people giving this a try.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Keep up the good work. Stayed pumped. Get your swoll on. Grow into that beard and make Leonidas proud.

I've been slacking this week, I need to get back on it. My back has been giving me a little trouble, but I should at least be try to work around it.

Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Cranked out 40 p-ups this morning. No other workouts though. Starting to pay more attention to nutrition again.

At one time I had a doorway pull-up bar, but immediately retuned it for the reasons mentioned by Sir Eric.

Tue May 05, 2009 6:03 am
Profile WWW

Got all my sets again today. Chins are still most difficult, but I can tell that I'm getting stronger with the situps and pushups.

After I did my workout, I went to Backyard Burger and got supper =\

Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm on pushup hold for the second day, and likely for a couple more days. My computer work has caught up with me again (as it sometimes does), and I've got a wrist brace to wear (carpel tunnel inflamation). My left wrist is pretty much unusable for most tasks let alone p-ups. In a couple more days it should be fine, providing I keep this brace on. :evil:

Thu May 07, 2009 5:15 am
Profile WWW

redid both day 1 of push ups and sit ups , got both done but push ups got really hard toward the end.

Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next