It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 One Hundred _____-Ups 

Post Re: One Hundred _____-Ups
Skipped my workout yesterday so I did it today instead. Got all of my sets so I'll be continuing on next week.

Sat May 09, 2009 9:43 pm

My wrist is pretty good. I should be able to continue pushups tomorrow. I'll chime in with the digits.

(added text this morning below)

35 pushups. Wrist not perfect, but OK enough. I should be able to do them daily now.

Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 am
Profile WWW

So I did half my workout on Monday then was seduced and didn't manage to finish the rest of my exercises. Did the rest of my pushups yesterday, decided I was going to take a break and let my food go down before doing situps, and then forgot to do them.

I think I'll do the other two workouts on Thursday and Saturday so I can get a days rest between them. Next week I'll get back on track.

After only two weeks of exercising, I'm already noticing changes (and I don't mean hair growing in weird places ;)). My shoulders seem to be getting broader, I think from a combination of a little muscle mass and just having my lats tighten up and draw my shoulders back. My back is starting to get more defined, and my abs are starting to look again like they did in high school. This amazes me because I haven't touched a single set of weights, I've only been doing pushups, situps, and pull ups. Whoda thunkit.

Wed May 13, 2009 7:29 am

vic, would it help if you used those Perfect Pushup things or something like them? Seems like that would put less strain on your wrist.

Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 am

That might help. However pushups are not my problem, it's the repititious computer work. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but this morning it felt irritated. I did 40 p-ups each morning though, and 25 last night before bed.

I walked a brisk 3 miles during lunch today. (not jog, but walked pretty quick)

I am all sold that you do not need any weights at all to attain a great physique. Several times in my life, I felt very cut and great muscle tone. This can be achieved by the 3 simple excercises that you are already doing. I suggest varying the type of pushups/situps/pull-ups, once you are close to your goal.

Wed May 13, 2009 11:42 am
Profile WWW

Going on vacation. I'm going to try to squeeze in 15 min. a day for push ups etc.

As long as your limits are being pushed, your body will improve (and get protein and rest). Once you get your strength to the level that push ups will get it, doing them will maintain but not gain. Weights are great once push ups become a little less challenging and you want to put your body under stresses similar to when you first started working out.

"Captain, they've adapted"

Awesome work man. You are making me feel lazy, I need to put down Gauntlet Dark legacy.

Thu May 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Inverted pushups (ala handstand) are great, once you have plateaued with normal pushups.
I used to do some of these against the wall, but would really try to use my own balance rather than the wall to keep me in the vertical. I may start these again, but only after I get close to 60 pushups again.

Currently 45 pushups in the morning, and 30+ in the evening. This is a daily thing now. Also, I'm walking a couple miles (most days). If I can keep this up (even at a modest pace), I should easily be back in shape for September OE test.

Fri May 15, 2009 7:13 am
Profile WWW

Been out of town since Thursday for a funeral, so my whole workout schedule is completely messed up. I'll have to restart this weeks' workout next week.

Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm

My stats:

For a week, I've been consistantly doing 45 morning p-ups and 30-35 in the evening. After another week, I may decided to up it to 50. (Almost decided it this morning)

After several months of non-use, I was able to do 10 chin-ups during training day. I had on heavy-leather, thigh high boots, and also articulated leg armour (but no greaves) while doing the chin-ups. 8-)

Tue May 19, 2009 8:09 am
Profile WWW

Got my situps and pushups done yesterday. Will try to get my chinups done today.

Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next