It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:48 am

One Hundred _____-Ups 

Post One Hundred _____-Ups
So I stumbled upon this website that claims they can get me strong enough to do 100 push-ups in 6 weeks. After my horribly disgraceful showing at the Ordo Elite trials (I didn't even make enough points for the 46+ age group) I decided I have to do something about my score. My biggest problem with exercise is that I never know what and how much to do, so I haven't started anything yet. After seeing this site, with everything all layed out for me, I don't have an excuse any more. Especially since the program only lasts 6 weeks, I mean, that's just a month and a half. If I can blow the tops off of all of the point charts for Ordo Elite in 6 weeks, that has to be fucking awesome. I figure if it works for push-ups, it will likely work for sit-ups and pull-ups as well. EDIT: If you look at the bottom of the menu on the left, there are links for "200 Situps" and "200 Squats." I'm going to follow the sit-ups one for sit-ups and try using the push-ups one for pull-ups. If I feel particular ambitious, I may try throwing the squats in in a couple of weeks.

So it's a 3 day a week routine, and I'll start tomorrow (so I can get on a Mon, Wed, Fri routine). I'm going to use my Ordo Elite Trial results for my base:

36 situps
30 pushups
8 pullups

I'll have to rig something up for a pull-up bar, so until then I'll just be doing the push-ups and sit-ups.

I decided I would post about it here for 3 reasons:

1.) To serve as a log of my progress.

2.) To challenge the rest of you guys to participate and post your progress with me.

and finally:

3.) To ask you all to call me every kind of horrible, dishonorable, cowardly name you can possibly think of if I ever skip a day. (and to do the same for anyone else brave enough to take up the challenge :twisted: )

So git on it.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Post Re: One Hundred _____-Ups
i could most likly handle close to 50 push-ups, pull-ups, maybe 4-5, which i'm working on both.
sit-ups, i don't care for, i couldn't do many anyway, with my 42 inch gut, which i'm working on reducing,

i think i'll have to try for 100 push-ups my self.
however, the 200 squats looks like a challenge i might just try as well.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:44 pm

The little I read looks OK to me. I avoid working a muscle any time it's sore, overtraining slows your progress down. Other than that, I like the pace of the program. Make sure to eat plenty of protein to heal those muscles!

Awesome that you are so motivated, Ordo members take note. We'll be a unit of war machines.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Post Where do I stand?
Todays results:

Sit-ups
--------
Set 1: 15
Set 2: 18
Set 3: 12
Set 4: 10
Set 5: 14

I had to start on Week1/Day1 instead of Week1/Day2 like I planned.

Push-ups
--------
Set 1: 12
Set 2: 17
Set 3: 13
Set 4: 13
Set 5: 13

Started on Week3/Day1 as suggested by the program, but I came up 4 reps short on the 5th set. Better try harder next time =\

Pull-ups
--------
Set 1: 6
Set 2: 3
Set 3: 2
Set 4: 3
Set 5: 4

Started on Week1/Day2 in column 2 but burned out after the first set. I ended up dropping down to column 1 and finished all of my sets and reps successfully.

We'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 pm

So Friday I didn't work out. I went straight to the seafood market after work to pick up crawfish and then out to my Uncle's for the subsequent boiling. I had too much beer and got home too late to work out. Oh, and I was sore >.>

Worked out yesterday though. I went ahead and just started on the first day of the first week for situps and pullups and first day of the 3rd (or 2nd?) week of the pushups. The important part is that I actually did the workouts and managed to get through them without a problem.

One thing I'm noticing is that if you breathe and pace yourself, things go a whole lot easier. When I did my OE test, I just tried to crank out as many reps as fast as I could and didn't pay much attention to breathing. I think that had a massive effect on my performance.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah, There is some amount of technique for most exercises. Getting form and breathing squared away in a way that is effective and works for you can improve your performance and results. Muscles can't work too well without a steady oxygen supply.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

w00t! Another successful workout.

I wasn't really sore at all today, so my body must be getting accustomed to the exercises. Or maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough, I dunno. I managed to make all of the reps for all of the sets today. The last 2 sets are usually pretty tough to complete, so I guess the workout is doing its job.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Nailed the situps, came out 1 rep short on the last set of my pushups, and failed miserably on the last 3 sets of chinups.

Next week, I'll be progressing to week 3 of pushups, week 2 of situps, and will repeat week 1 of chins.

Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm

ok I'm starting alittle behind eric but I did the initial test and will start day one on monday.this is what I am starting at

push ups- 15
sit ups- 40

I am also going to try and start jogging atleast once a week more if I can find time.

Squire Stephen Blades

Sat May 02, 2009 11:52 am

If you are short on time, jump rope is a fast way to get in your cardio. Time yourself. Start with one minute of jumping and 1 minute breaks for 3 cycles. It's more challenging than it sounds. work your way up from there.
Takes 5 minutes. You can get a jump rope at Walmart for about $5.

Jumping rope is great for sport fighting, helps get the springy calves.

Sat May 02, 2009 12:11 pm