It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

Don't make me get Early Renaissance on your ass... 

Post Don't make me get Early Renaissance on your ass...
I'm down, I'm sure a few of us will be interested.
We'll keep it on the DL.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:47 am

Just an update, we bought the guy his plane ticket today. The workshop will be Saturday August 25, Sunday the 26 will be a free test-cutting / sparring day until 2:00 PM if anyone wants to come. You have to sign a waiver to spar or test-cut.

Right now the class is Lichtenauer and Meyer (longsword), and some I.33 (sword and buckler). We have the option of ringen (unarmed, kind of like a mix of BJJ and judo), dagger, staff and messer as well though obviously we can only fit so much into one day. I'll update when we have it more clearly worked out.

The workshop is probably going to be held in One -Eyed -Jacks in the French Quarter but we are going to have some arrangements for parking.

J

Last edited by drifterbob on Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:25 am

Cool. Sorry if this has been covered already, How do I register? How much?
If you could, post a summery of cost, location, methods of payment, etc.
Thanks much.
-Dallas

Last edited by Sir Dallas on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:53 am

Quote:
Cool. Sorry if this has been covered already, How do I register? How much?
If you could, post a summery of cost, location, methods of payment, etc.
Thanks much.
-Dallas

Hi Dallas

This is not the sort of event as that ARMA thing in 2004. There is no official registration, if you are planning to come just let us know through the yahoo group (and if other ordo people want to come you can direct them to that privately). That's about it. Sparring the next day (Sunday) is free, it would be helpful if you want to spar to bring a helmet and some heavy gloves if possible, and be prepared to sign the waiver.

Payment method would ideally be to just bring $30 in cash when you show up. I guess we could setup paypal if someone needed to do that instead.

Location, we haven't settled on yet, probably one-eyed-jacks in the quarter but it could be a couple of other places. When we are firm on our venue I'll post another overview with a map and driving directions

DB

Last edited by drifterbob on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:54 am

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:03 am

we are "go" for our HEMA event this coming weekend. The instructor is flying in Friday. The event will be Saturday the 25th at One-Eyed-Jacks in the French Quarter at 615 Toulouse St.

This is the site of the old 'Shim Sham' for those who may remember that.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&q=one+eyed+jacks&near=New+Orleans,+LA&fb=1&cid=0,0,15682356743844491431&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

The workshop will be starting at 9:00 AM and going until 4:00 pm, we will probably have lunch in the middle there somewhere. We'll be covering longsword, sword and buckler, and messer, lichtenauer / ringeck, meyer and I.33

Anyone who is planning to show up please contact us at our yahoo list. We told the people at the venue we'll be having up to 10 people, looks like we have 7 now, so up to 3 more people could come. It is $30 to attend.

Sunday the 26th we'll be having sparring in the morning and then test cutting later in the afternoon, there is no cost to this and anyone can come, just contact us beforehand we will be at a location which is pretty difficult to find.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Damnit, I have a really full day Saturday. Let me see if I can move a few things around. I really want to go. Any other Ordo people going? I will make it a high priorty to make it out there if I know I'll have some brothers at arms.
-Dallas

Last edited by Sir Dallas on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:32 am