It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

October 7th Videos 

Post October 7th Videos
Ok, don't get too excited to see this post. I have only been able to edit and post 1 video. I will be working on more by this Sunday. Enjoy

www.youtube.com/randomlastuff

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:58 pm

Post October 7th Videos
Ok, I'm just about to post the Long Sword Match 5. Match 6 will follow it shortly. I would like to apologize ahead of time for the bad camera angle. You can still see all the action but I wanted the camera to be a little higher. Anyway, here are the videos. I'm busy the rest of the week so I probably will not get to the rest of the videos till this sunday afternoon. I will have CD's again at opening day of renfest.

Enjoy
Ben

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Post October 7th Videos
Woot, Long live the enchanter !!!

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:43 pm

Post October 7th Videos
Ok guys, I have posted all the Weapon of Choice Matches to You Tube. Again, I will have Cd's as usual for those who want them.

As for videos during ren fest. The only thing I will be able to do for ren fest is to make a "Best of" kinda thing. I will be capturing all fights at ren fest but I will only be editing the ones that the group feels worthy of being edited. Also if there is a fighter that would like a certain match posted then I can do that too but it might take a while. I am also looking at trying to make a promo video from this footage. We will just have to wait and see. Everyone have a good Ren Fest this year and don't forget to have fun ;D.

Ben

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:07 pm

Post October 7th Videos
I reccomend orff's o fortuna for the music ;)

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post October 7th Videos
Ben,

I suggest that (if possible), you go through all the clips you have and capture the 'action' parts of the matches. (And also the best looking stuff) These could be linked together to make a promo or something.

Squire Chris did this a while back, and it wasn't too bad. Although, since there were not too many clips, there was repitition in the promo.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:54 am
Profile WWW

Post October 7th Videos
Hey Ben,

a couple more things...

1. I liked the short music intro and the 'fight fight' before one of the fights. Nice to have every once in a while.

2. Can you perhaps have either some little flags, dots, or a number in the respective corner, showing the current points of each fighter? Might be fun to see sometimes.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:13 am
Profile WWW

Post October 7th Videos
Wow, lots of good ideas. They all sound good.
I have seen a video that was nothing but a song and a bunch of short videos with lots of still shots to the rhythm of the music it turned out to be one of my favorites.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:20 am

Post October 7th Videos

Quote:

2. Can you perhaps have either some little flags, dots, or a number in the respective corner, showing the current points of each fighter? Might be fun to see sometimes.

I am working on this, I was short on time to edit these videos and wasn't able to work on that this time. but i should have it on future videos.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Post October 7th Videos
As cool as it is too see all of the fights fixed up. It may be a better use of time to "dress up" only the best looking matches for cool videos. Or even just make a comp as suggested of best of the shots. Other matches can be left raw as they are best used just for study purposes for the fighters.
Just my opinion. I appreciate your work, and would hate for you to get "burn out" trying to nice up every bit of footage.
Thanks again.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:57 pm