It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

Open shop work day April 29th 

Post Open shop work day April 29th
Hey guys I wanted to pass along the info to people that are not on facebook:
I have decided to start having open shop days at my studio in Pride for people to come out and work on projects. So for my Ordo brothers this a chance to get more work on your gear done faster and for my art school friends it’s a chance to get back in to a metal.../clay shop to work on a long awaited project. Come out and make something! Fun starts at Noon and goes till 5pm or sundown. Big tools that will be available for you to use Kiln, Kick wheel, Sand blasting booth( newly acquired), forge and forging tools, bench shear, and belt sander .Also soon I will have small scale casting set up . If there is something you want to know how to do ask me about it before the open shop date and Ill prep a mini lesson on that topic. Bring whatever you want to work on , armour , pottery, a painting, books whatever the goal is to get together make some stuff and have a good time. All the fun of art school without all those bullshit classes.

Things to keep in mind:

1. While my shop and a great number of my tools will open and available for use , I have many delicate tools in my shop. If you don’t know what something is or don’t know if you can use it , ASK ME FIRST.
2. Please bring you own protection equipment , gloves ( leather, rubber , whatever), ear plugs/ ear muffs, safety glasses. My shop is set up to run with max of one person , while I do have spares , I don’t have enough for everyone. If nothing else be sure to bring ear protection .
3. You are all welcome to use my tools and space freely , but I am not a supply house. If you need metal, paint, clay, sand paper and the like please bring it with you. I do have some scrap metal for smaller things and I have big pile of reclaim clay that you all welcome to use. If you don’t bring your own consumables or need to use some of mine just bring a little cash or I do take credit cards. Just help the Shop stay open. Or if you have more time than money I all ways need a shop minion, inquire with me as needed.
4. When these shop days kick off it will be right at the start of hot ass Louisiana summer , be sure to bring water and sunscreen , Plan accordingly.
5. Come , make some shit , bullshit with other people, have a great time.
If you have any comments, concerns, or death treats please send me a message on the Facebook. Hope to see you guys soon.

if your planning on coming out then just let me know, on Facebook or here. have a good week guys.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:07 pm